Keep it simple stupid if you want FAST RESULTS you can maintain long term.
When you try to do too much too quickly, you end up falling off your diet and even gaining back any weight you’ve lost.
Yet most diet programs out there try to overcomplicate things and give you super restrictive guidelines that cut out all enjoyment from life. They tell you rules like…
- You have to cycle between 3 different carb ratios during a single week.
- You have to cut your calories so low you feel like you are starving.
- You can’t eat after some arbitrary time like 8 pm.
- You have to eat exactly every two hours.
- You can only eat one food from an animal with each meal.
- You have to eat only chicken and broccoli.
- You can’t have_____ (insert any number of ridiculous restrictions here)…
And guess what happens with all of these programs?
You end up falling off and losing all of the progress you’ve made because you are MISERABLE while on them!
But dieting doesn’t need to be miserable!
Instead you should start by focusing on one thing – PROTEIN!
By focusing on getting about 40% of your calories from protein you are going to start to see AMAZING and FAST results!
Why is protein so key?
Protein is key to getting the lean, strong body you want for these 3 reasons:
1. Protein is made up of amino acids aka the building blocks of muscle tissue.
When you workout, you break down muscle tissue. To help your body repair and grow stronger, you need to get it the fuel it needs. If you don’t fuel correctly, you won’t really reap the benefits of your workouts…aka you won’t build muscle as efficiently or get stronger as quickly as you could.
And more lean muscle mass means you’ll burn more calories even while at rest, helping you lose more weight and look leaner and stronger!
So if you want to grow stronger and look leaner, you need to get enough protein to build, repair and even MAINTAIN your muscle tissue!
2. Protein has a high thermogenic effect meaning you actually burn more calories to process protein.
Because protein has a higher thermogenic effect than carbs or fat, eating about 40% of your calories from protein will make it harder to gain fat (studies have even shown protein to have a thermogenic effect 5 times greater than carbs or fat!).
Studies of thermogenesis have also shown that one of the most important roles protein plays in body weight regulation is due to the fact that it increases feelings of satiety or feeling full!
3. Protein helps keep you feeling fuller for longer so you don’t have to feel like you’re starving while eating well!
All too often diets make us cut our calories ridiculous low. Not only do you NOT need to do that, but by also making 40% of your calories come from protein, you’ll feel fuller for longer. Protein increases feelings of satiety which helps with body weight regulation.
Aka you’ll lose weight because you won’t be craving more food constantly and you won’t feel like you are constantly starving, which…let’s be honest…generally leads to us falling off our diet and binging!
Feeling full helps promote adherence to your diet long term AND helps keep you energized! All too often diets leave us feeling low energy, which shouldn’t be the case.
So protein is not only key to you getting results from your workouts, but also feeling fuller and having an easier time losing body fat!
Are you ready to eat more protein and get the lean, strong body you want FASTER? Then check out my 6-Week Macro Cycling Shred and feel great as you get results you can MAINTAIN!