Last Updated on
The Fitness Hacks Podcast
- DVRT Master Instructor
- Original Strength Instructor
- Functional Movement Screen Specialist
- Russian Kettlebell Challenge Certification (RKC)
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Fitness Instructor
1. Show up and commit fully!
2. Don’t take certifications just for the sake of taking a certification. Find things that will help you better your clients and help them achieve results.
3. Remember how important taking care of your MENTAL health is!
In this episode we talk with Seth Munsey, owner of Iron Republic, founder of Disc Golf Strong and Master Trainer for DVRT and Original Strength. Seth reminds us of the importance of committing 100% to what we are doing and not just showing up to be there, but really showing up with intent and purpose. Seth shares some great stories about how connecting and making learning a priority helped him build his business.
Seth also not only gives some great business advice to trainers starting out, but reminds us that training and being a coach isn’t about your love for working out, but instead about your client and their goals. He reminds us that we not only have to pay attention to our clients physical health, but also their mental health as well!
SETH’S FAST FIVE FITNESS FACTS
Q: What’s your favorite exercise?
Single Leg Deadlift
Q: What exercise do you hate…but love at the same time?
Q: What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Q: What is your favorite Pump Up Song?
Q: If you could train with one person (alive or dead) who would it be?